From: Adam Hardy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 2:11 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Is there a way to disable the browser's Back button without
sending an http request?

It depends on how much control you have over the users' browsers, and
also how determined the users are to use their back-buttons.

You can do lots of stuff in javascript like opening a new browser window
without the button bar, or catching a back-button keypress and stuff
like that. Actually I'm not sure about that last idea. They are all
javascript solutions.

I like your idea with location.replace() - it would never create any
history, so the back-button at any point would take the user back out of
the website. However it doesn't seem realistic to produce an extensive
javascript mechanism on the browser just to stop the user using the
back-button.

Every problem that arises from use of the back-button is solvable in
other ways, in my experience.

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 4.1.27 + java 1.4.2