From: Goldy J [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 5:38 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: populating Drop down -pls help

Hello,
I have a JSP in which there are number of dropdown along with text boxes. I
am using struts tag lib for getting the value when I submit the form.
The problem is when I try to populate the dropdown in th JSP with the data
that i get from the databse .
For example I have dropdown for gender with option M,F.Now when I select and
submit it I am OK but when I query and get the value from DB It doesnt set
to appropiate value but always with the deafult M. same for others
dropdowns.
Iam using the following in my JSP

value="m">

In formbean
String gender;
setGender{};
getGender{};

Any help will be highly appreciated Thanks in advance.

This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of Kmart
Corporation (Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary information. You are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the
taking of any action based on information contained herein is strictly prohibited.
Unauthorized use of information contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal
prosecution and penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete
this message immediately.