I'm using struts framework for my application.
Currently it allows you to split a large application into smaller modules, where each
module maintains its own set of configuration files. And it supports switching from one
module to another.

My Requirement.

 The layout of the UI should be dictated by my ROOT application.
 My layout follows the usual convention, made of top, left [MENU], bottom and center
part.
 In the center part I'll have Tabs for each new sub application deployed.

 On clicking these TAB brings up that application. Only the center part gets rendered
by the
 sub-application, where as the layout remains intact.

 I'm looking at a way where I can deploy these sub applications like WAR files in the
 servlet container and these gets linked to the main application.

 So, in future if I want to remove a sub application I just remove the application
respective war file and
 a place holder [URL pointing to this application] from my ROOT applications page and
vice-versa.

 It's something like providing a plug in feature for the application.

Q 1. Can we switch from one web application to another using struts-framework? If it's
possible, kindly
        let me know the way to do it.?
Q 2. It'll be really great If I can get the answer for my above requirement. How can
we achieve it?
        Any approach suggested will be helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
Ashutosh