Hi Adam,

The problem happens to both client side (javascript) and serverside.
Below are the codes for each file:

Struts-config.xml:

<!-- form beans -->
<form-bean name="messageForm"
type="com.mmi.ratt.emailmanager.message.form.MessageForm" />

<!-- action mapping -->
<action
            attribute="messageForm"
            name="messageForm"
            path="/createMessageAction"
            scope="session"
            validate="false"
type="com.mmi.ratt.emailmanager.message.action.CreateMessageAction">
            <forward name="create_message_step_2"
path="/create_message_step2.jsp" />
            <forward name="input1" path="/create_message_step1.jsp" />
            <forward name="input2" path="/create_message_step2.jsp" />
        </action>

<!-- message resources -->
<message-resources parameter="ApplicationResources" />

CreateMessageAction.java:

                // -- validate user input
                ActionErrors errors = messageForm.validate(mapping,
request);

                if(errors != null)
                        logger.debug("*** number of validation errors: "
+ errors.size());
                else
                        logger.debug("*** number of validation errors:
none");

                if (errors != null && !errors.isEmpty()) {
                        logger.debug("*** validation error saved");

                        saveErrors(request, errors);
                        if (messageForm.getPage() == 1)
                                return mapping.findForward("input" +
messageForm.getPage());

                        if (messageForm.getPage() == 2)
                                return mapping.findForward("input" +
messageForm.getPage());
                }
                // --

MessageForm.java:

public class MessageForm extends ValidatorForm implements Serializable {

BTW, I am able to see the messages when using <bean:message ../>, but
the validator just cannot find them, just says "null is required", the
validator is validating the required fields though.

Thanks,
Saul