L.S.

I'm new at Struts, but I got it working.

I've an simple Bean with a java.util.Date property and the set and get methods
with to set/get the java.util.Date values. I've an (almost) working
ActionForm with the same properties.

In a Action I use somthing like:
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.copyProperties(form, bean) to copy
all the properties from the bean to the form and forward to a JSP page to
edit the properties in an HTML-form. So far, all is well; the date is
displayed like '2003-09-10' in an text-field.

If I submit this page, a 'IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch' is
thrown. If I remove all the java.util.Date code, all is working as expected.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong with the java.util.Date.

What is the best way to get a date from a HTML-form to a Bean?

Regards,
Cees.