Doing what the documentation suggests would work, but, it is not necessary
to do the forward from an Action subclass. You can define an action mapping
that your global forward points to that directly forwards to the tile
definition without having to invoke an action class. This does work. I do
this for the welcome JSP of my current webapp that needs to forward to the
initial webapp tile definition like so:

welcome.jsp:

  <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic" %>
  <logic:forward name="welcome" />

struts-config.xml:

  <global-forwards>
    <forward name="welcome"   path="/welcome.do" />
  </global-forwards>

  <action-mappings>
    <action path="/welcome" forward="page.welcome"/>
  </action-mappings>

The "page.welcome" reference is a tiles definition reference. Granted, it is
annoying to have to define the global-forward/action pairing to make this
work. However, this is much simpler than going to the trouble of defining an
action subclass just to do this where you would still need to define an
action mapping anyway.

FYI, Van

Mike Van Riper
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]