This seems more in scope for some of the ServerSide forums than Struts.

http://www.theserverside.com/home/index.jsp

Our framework ends where the database begins -:0)

Tiles is sufficient for customizating layout and such.

-Ted.

Gregory Seidman wrote:

<snip/>

My purpose in posting this to the list is to get the benefit of the
membership's collective experience. Is Torque a good choice? Is creating a
separate database for each user unacceptable from the point of view of a
website which provides services on a per-user basis? Is Tiles sufficient
for customizing layout and such? Any suggestions, tales of woe, or design
critiques are appreciated.

Please do not CC me; I am subscribed to the list.
--Greg

-- Ted Husted, Junit in Action - <http://www.manning.com/massol/>, Struts in Action - <http://husted.com/struts/book.html>, JSP Site Design - <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=1861005512>.