If the values are not going to change during the life of the application, I would suggest using a plugin to set them at startup. See the MailReader Example application for some sample code.

-Ted.

deepaksawdekar wrote:
I am displaying some dropdown boxes on my jsp. I have to take the values for them from ApplicationResource file.
I have writen a separate file which will read the properties file and return me the values in array list. Now I have to set this arraylist to the property of my form bean, now the question is should i assign this arraylist in action class execute method or will it good option to assign this value in from bean constructor, since the value are not going to change dynamically.
Please suggest me which is better option
1. set values in action execute method
2. set values in constructor of form bean.

Thanks and Regards Deepak.

-- Ted Husted, Junit in Action - <http://www.manning.com/massol/>, Struts in Action - <http://husted.com/struts/book.html>, JSP Site Design - <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=1861005512>.