Tomcat provides a connection pool for you via a JNDI datasource, so you need to rely on the struts datasource.

You can find out a little more over here : http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

Joseph William wrote:

Hello...

I am developing a small application using Struts and am trying to connect with MYSQL... I got it connected and even retrieved values by specifying the datasource in the struts-config file...

Now, I am trying to put a common class for connection Pooling... I need to get the values like the max, min connections that I had specified in the config file so that I don't hard code values in my connection pooling utility...

How do I access those values??? Is these any method I need to use coz this connection pool class is a separate utility and does not extend Action...

Please let me know...

Thanks.
-Joseph