If I'm not mistaken yahoo uses cookies as well to store your user information.
Therfore copying just the URL will not work.

Also using the <CTRL-N> thing is dependant upon the browser you use. I think that IE
will keep all the session infomation in the new window, but Netscape starts up a
complete new session.