Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your help but this is not what I meant. I've probably not
been clear enough. I do not want the string 'foo' to come from a
resource file but it has to be what the user entered in the html:text
input box and which was invalidated by the validator framework.

So if a user enters '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' as emailaddress the error message should
read '[EMAIL PROTECTED] is an invalid email address'

When a user enters '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' the error message should read '[EMAIL
PROTECTED] is
an invalid email address'

Thanks and regards,

Jeroen