Thanks! Very helpfull, but still some questions:

How can you programmaticly make use of struts-config.xml? Now the
loginpage is hardcoded:

String loginPage = request.getContextPath()+"/logon.do";

Can't you make it more generic so that it uses the config-file to look it
up?

Secondly: How can you display userinformation in a jsp-page when you have
your own authentication-system? I probably have to write my own taglibs
right?

Ilja