But netbeans is an IDE, not a framework for standalone client/server apps, is not it?

Adolfo.

From: "Nguyen, Hien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: any standalone java framework around?
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:29:04 -0400

Give www.netbeans.org a try. Its open-source though not from Apache

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Germuska [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 9:11 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List

At 8:52 AM +0000 10/9/03, Adolfo Miguelez wrote: >Hi All, > >time ago I have seem in Jakarta/Apache a java framework for >standalone Java apps (swing) (i.e. not web related). Can, any of >you, help me to remember, or even provide some links to other open >source standalone client/server frameworks out of Apache?

You may be thinking of Avalon, which is not swing specific, but which
is also not web specific -- see http://avalon.apache.org

I can't think of any Swing framework at Apache, although a few
projects have GUI elements.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska