On 10/17/2003 10:43 AM Chris Searle wrote:
"Chris" == Chris Searle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

    > Had the problem with using the html:messages with struts-el
    > from the 1.1RC1 build (NullPointerException) - so I've just
    > upgraded to 1.1 (thought I'd already done so).

> Now - I get no exception - but I get no message either.

Got it. The forward was set redirect="true" so of course the messages
disappeared.

However - we do have a couple of (odd) places where a redirect is
desired but keeping the messages - is this possible? Can they be
propagated over a redirect by use of session or similar?

Perfect timing! Oh well.

I put my messages object in the session and then in every action, I check the session for it and if it's there, put it back in the request.

I found it's only safe to delete the messages from the session immediately after the tag where you display them in the JSP.

Hope this is more relevant than my last post. :)

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.12 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9