Hi Brian,
I don't use the sslext form tags. I don't mention sslext anywhere in my code or my JSP. It's purely a configuration thing.

Are you setting up the SecurePlugin in struts-config?

Also are sure that you are not specifying in the web.xml that the page should be protected by SSL?

Do you have the latest version of sslext? They brought out 1.10-3 recently.

Are you sure there are no exceptions buried in your logs anywhere?

I don't follow your hotmail example either. Are you talking about container-managed logins or roll-your-own?

Adam