Well said....
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Becky L. Norum
  To: Navjot Singh
  Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 6:47 PM
  Subject: RE: HAPPY DIWALI! [Slightly Offtopic]

  I never thought I'd be posting about this, but
  the point of the original posting was to share a holiday that is important
  to many of the subscribers of the list, not to discuss the
  political/social implications of a visa that is only relevant in the US.
  The original posting was similar to any "Happy HOliday" or "Merry
  Christmas" salutations that have been posted during December in the past.

  This list has a global audience who may/may not be interested in such
  discussions and political discussions are not relevant to the list topic
  in general.   In addition, discussing it on the original topic thread
  detracts from the original celebratory topic, imho, of course.

  Happy Diwali to everyone!

  Becky