Hrmpf, not working they way I expected.

When I add var="node" to my x:forEach, and then use <c:out value="${node}"/> to display the contents (as this is what would be passed to the Tile, via <tiles:put>) - I get the following:

[category: null]

The XPath statement I am using as my select for the forEach, has as its last node, "category" ... what I would hope to get is either something like this:

<category order="3" nameKey="nav.section.whatever">
   <family order="1">whatever</family>
</category>

-OR- just the list of "family" nodes.

Kris Schneider wrote:

I don't know much about Tiles, but <x:forEach> can explicitly export a scoped
variable via its "var" attribute:

<x:forEach var="node" select="...">

It also implicitly sets the context node each time through an iteration. So, I'm
assuming that another XPath expression within the tile would operate realtive to
the context set by <x:forEach>. If you know Tiles and have some handy test XML
data, it shouldn't be too hard to test out either (or both) of those approaches...

Quoting "Ruth, Brice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I have an x:forEach loop (JSTL) that contains within it a <tiles:insert> statement - and I'd like to pass the current node of XML to the tile for additional processing (conditionally). Is this possible? Within the tile, I'll need to do an x:forEach loop on the passed in fragment, so I believe I'll need to be able to use x:parse on the fragment that was passed in. I'm open to other ways of doing this, as well, but they need to only involve what can be done within a JSP/tile, really. I'm extending an existing set of code, and am not really open to rewriting it all :)

--
Brice D. Ruth
Sr. IT Analyst

-- Brice D. Ruth Sr. IT Analyst Fiskars Brands, Inc.