From: news [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Vic Cekvenich
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 7:35 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: dynamic drop-down changes without calling action class using session

Several ways:
One is a 2 dimensional array put is scope by Struts, for JavaScript use.

And a cool way:
XML-RPC via JavaScript.
Cheat Sheet page on baseBeans.com has a link on specific example, or you can google on XML-RPC. (I realy think Scripting and XML-Type-Services is going to be big!!!!)

.V

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Thanks,

But, Right now I am using the following way with javascript,

eg. First drop down,

style="width:150px" onchange="return call(this)" styleId='sys1' styleClass="text">

property="value" labelProperty="label"/>

Second drop-down,

style="width:150px;display:'none'" onchange="pops(this)" styleId='subsys1' styleClass="text">

property="value"

labelProperty="label"/> </html:select>

style="width:150px;display:'none'" onchange="pops(this)" styleId='subsys2' styleClass="text">

property="value"

labelProperty="label"/> </html:select>

Depends on first drop-down selection i am hiding subsystem1 or subsystem2. If suppose the first drop-down has lengthy list then my logic needs more drop-downs. It increase the code side and maintenance..Is there any way to do that?..

Thanks,
Kaja