I did read a beanchmark on pgSQL faster vs Oracle et all, now I can't find the link:
http://advocacy.postgresql.org/advantages/
.V

Mark Lowe wrote:
I didn't know the postgres was faster than oracle.. I agree that its the canine's genitalia .. But I still thought oracle was the daddy when it came to speed. Is that just read access or everything?