From: Ruth, Brice [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 31 October 2003 15:14
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Eclipse + Ant + precompile -> Tomcat

I've been doing some googling on having a webapp precompiled when deployed to Tomcat via an Ant task and I'm a bit intimidated with what's involved. Has anyone out there done this? Right now, I have an Ant build setup as an external build in Eclipse that does a variety of things, including building, packing up my WAR, and installing this WAR to Tomcat using the catalina-ant "install" command that uses the management URL and an external context file to install the webapp in a (local) running Tomcat instance.

I'd like to follow-up the install with a directive to Tomcat to precompile the JSPs in the web application - does anyone have an Ant task that I could adapt to this purpose that they'd be willing to share?

Thanks!

-- Brice D. Ruth Sr. IT Analyst Fiskars Brands, Inc.