From: Ruth, Brice [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 10:14
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Eclipse + Ant + precompile -> Tomcat

I've been doing some googling on having a webapp precompiled when
deployed to Tomcat via an Ant task and I'm a bit intimidated with what's
involved. Has anyone out there done this? Right now, I have an Ant build
setup as an external build in Eclipse that does a variety of things,
including building, packing up my WAR, and installing this WAR to Tomcat
using the catalina-ant "install" command that uses the management URL
and an external context file to install the webapp in a (local) running
Tomcat instance.

I'd like to follow-up the install with a directive to Tomcat to
precompile the JSPs in the web application - does anyone have an Ant
task that I could adapt to this purpose that they'd be willing to share?

Thanks!

--
Brice D. Ruth
Sr. IT Analyst

Learn more about Paymentech's payment processing services at www.paymentech.com
THIS MESSAGE IS CONFIDENTIAL.  This e-mail message and any attachments are proprietary
and confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named
above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not print, distribute, or copy
this message or any attachments.  If you have received this communication in error,
please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachments
from your computer.