Your link could look like this :

The javascript could look like this :

linkClicked() {
      document.forms[0].myHiddenField.value = 'something';
      document.forms[0].action = '/differentAction.do';
      document.forms[0].submit();
}

You could pass the "something" value into the function also, if needed.

Tim

|         |           "bort"           |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           com>             |
|         |           11/03/2003 03:26 |
|         |           "Struts Users    |
|         |           Mailing List"    |

  |To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                             |
  |cc:
                                          |

  |  Subject:      Re: Submitting a form

Caterpillar: Confidential Green                 Retain Until: 12/03/2003
                                                Retention Category:  G90 -
                                                General
                                                Matters/Administration

Here is where I'm having a problem...

will update a hidden field in
the form, and submit the form to a different action.

If this is possible, how would I do it?

TIA

"bort" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I just realized that part of my post was cut out.  Here is the post in
its
> entirety:
>

> Hi all
>
> I have a form that has a series of fields.  When I submit the form, the
> action retrieves information from a database, based on the information in
> the form.  The information retrieved is then shown the same html page
that
> the form resides on, in a table.  It should be noted that the table does
NOT