[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      che.org                  To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                               cc:

                      11/06/2003 01:25         Subject:  failure notice

                      PM

1.Reuse:If we have the same form name and field name we could resue :)

2.Validating Data and sending error messages in a centralized way   at EJB
level or below (Ex: Helper or DAO)
We are using  a 'errormessages' properties file  in addition to
ApplicationResources properties file
and is loaded  by a Singleton instance using ResourceBundle.

3.When ever a validation fails ,a exception thrown at ejb layer or below
with the errorkey defined in  'errormessages'

and cached  in the action class ,and saved to the ActionErrors .

4.And the same errorkey should be defined in the 'ApplicationResources' to
present it to the user.

I hope this will help a little.

Shailaja

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      .apache.org                            To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                                             cc:

                      11/06/2003 12:48 PM                    Subject:
struts-user Digest 6 Nov 2003 17:48:35 -0000 Issue 4145

                      Please respond to "Struts Users

                      Mailing List"

struts-user Digest 6 Nov 2003 17:48:35 -0000 Issue 4145

Topics (messages 98443 through 98472):

Re: Reusing Validation
             98443 by: Srinivas Gunturu

Re: [OT] Security Filter -> Active Authentication (Better)
             98444 by: Brandon Goodin
             98458 by: Brandon Goodin
             98461 by: Brandon Goodin

Re: Which version of Commons Digester released with Struts 1.1
             98445 by: David Graham

logic:equal using form bean property?
             98446 by: Greg Hess
             98448 by: David Graham
             98451 by: Greg Hess

html:link
             98447 by: MANCHIKALAP, KRISHNA (SBCSI)

radiobutton selected
             98449 by: koen boutsen

Re: multibox - Null attribute name ServletException - SOLVED
             98450 by: ZYD

Usar tipos de datos como Timestamp, BigDecimal
             98452 by: Milton Benavides
             98454 by: Marcos Oliva
             98456 by: Milton Benavides
             98460 by: Marcos Oliva

Dynamic Image from DB to JSP
             98453 by: Marc AMIR-TAHMASSEB
             98455 by: Hubert Rabago
             98457 by: David Friedman
             98459 by: Hubert Rabago

getting current session in ActionForm
             98462 by: Taner Diler
             98463 by: Caoilte O'Connor

Redirect to remote website using ActionForward
             98464 by: Morten

Struts Dilemma
             98465 by: Srinivas Gunturu
             98467 by: Appel, Jeremy D
             98469 by: Joe at Team345

Question on storing bean in request context
             98466 by: Brice Ruth
             98471 by: Kris Schneider

Best Practice : session vs. request attributes
             98468 by: Frederic Dernbach
             98472 by: Vic Cekvenich

Re: ActionMessage key location
             98470 by: Lukas Bradley

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]

----- Message from "Srinivas Gunturu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Thu, 06 Nov 2003
10:04:33 -0600 -----

      To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Subject: Re: Reusing Validation

Resending this since haven't got any responses for a day

In summary, here is my question.  For those needing more details, look at
the entire text below.

Is there a way to re-use the validation that is already built on all forms
using validator framework?  If so how?  If not, how can I centralize my
validation to one place?

Thanks

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/05/03 10:35AM >>>
Hi All,

We are developing an intranet site to replace a legacy system which is in
place.  Legacy system does not have as much extensive validation as the new
application does.  Intranet site rollout is going to be phased out due to
several reasons.  While legacy system is up, we have a batch process that
transfers data from legacy system to our new database.

On the new application, data is entered using work flow format where all
data is collected across forms into a mama bean.  At the end summary page
is presented before data is persisted to db.  Most of form validation is
done using validator framework.

Now, users want to edit legacy data that has been brought over.  When they
open an existing event, we present them with summary page.  Then the user
has the option to go to any form in the wizard flow using navigation on
left.

Since legacy data is not validated, we would like to validate all the data
in mama bean and present them with visual indicators for each form in the
wizard flow that fails validation.  This makes data clean-up very easy.

Here is my question.  Is there a way to re-use the validation that is
already built on all forms using validator framework?  If so how?  If not,
how can I centralize my validation to one place?

Thanks for your time.

This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
legally privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact sender immediately by
reply email and destroy all copies.