Hi in this construct
 <c:set var="rand"><rand:string ... /></c:set>

in place of value should we use value="$var" or value="${rand}". Please
let me know.

I have used this but somehow a random string is not constructed but only an
empty string is seen.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas about this. I am trying to
create a random string and put it into the database associated with the
user.

--Mohan