Last time, we asked contestants to finish this quote

Tests are the Programmer's Stone ...

and identifier the writer

Of course, several contestants completed Kent Beck's quote to be

"Tests are the Programmer's Stone, transmuting fear into boredom."

Of these, our arbitrarily selected winner is ...

Matt McMahon

(Matt, please send me your mailing address and which title you would like.)

NEXT:

Once again, we are offering your choice of Struts in Action or JUnit in Action to one lucky contestant who correctly answers our quiz.

OK, here's another gimme:

For this storyline:

----

Tour of Accounting:

"Over here we have our random number generator."

"NINE NINE NINE NINE NINE NINE"

"Are you sure that's random?"

"That's the problem with randomness: You can never be sure."

-----

To play, name

* The Cartoonist
* The cartoonist's birthdate, and
* The year the comic strip was launched

Of course, everything here can be googled, since apparently anything of interest can now be googled :)

The winner will be selected at random (or at least arbitrarily) from the
correct responses. [The correct response being the one I expected =:)]

The contest will run until Friday, November 21, 2003, 23:59:59, so
everyone has a chance to participate.

The lucky winner selected from the correct responses will receive their
choice of either a signed copy of Struts in Action *OR* JUnit in Action.

PLEASE be sure to reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you have an interesting science fiction or computer science quote
that is hard to google (or at least not *too* easy), please send it to
me. The first to suggest a
quote that we use also wins!

-Ted.

PLEASE be sure to reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Ted Husted,
  Junit in Action  - <http://www.manning.com/massol/>,