Here is the Wiki url ... should somone want to do a first post on FAQ, I will post 1 or 2... but I won't be first.

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?StrutsDocComments

Maybe dev makes the Wiki page more prominent.

Ted Husted wrote:

Paul McCulloch wrote:
 > Is it my imagination or are the number of downright lazy requests to
 > this list getting worse?
 >
 > If the only replies any lazy questions ever got was
 > http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html then maybe people
 > would get the point. Has anyone got any other ideas about how we can
 > educe the amount of lazy and totally off-topic posts to the list?

Welcome to the darkside of being the world's most popular web application framework. :)

IMHO, the very best way to handle easy questions is with a link to the answer.

----

> Where can I download Struts?

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/acquiring.html

HTH, Ted.

----

> Struts setup and IDE?

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/installation.html

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?StrutsMyFavoriteIDE

HTH, Ted.

-----

Simple, efficient, and to the point. Once you've pointed them at once answers, perhaps they can start finding the others on their own :)

If the answer doesn't exist as a link, a very good approach would be to create a wiki page and then link to that. Like bugzilla, the wiki is open to all comers. You don't have to be a Committer to post.

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?StrutsProjectPages

For questions not directly related to Struts, one of the links on the preface page will usually be on task:

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/preface.html

HTH, Ted.

-- Victor Cekvenich, Struts Instructor (215) 321-9146

Advanced Struts Training
<http://basebeans.com/do/cmsPg?content=TRAINING> Server Side Java
training with Rich UI, mentoring, designs, samples and project recovery
in North East.
Simple best practice basic Portal, a Struts CMS, Membership, Forums,
Shopping and Credit processing, <http://basicportal.com> software, ready
to develop/customize; requires a db to run.