thanks for helping me..  and then i search a question like this at achieve
mailing and it told me use <html:option>, and i test it, the solution is ok,
but, what a pity, i can't use <html:option> , because.. if i use it...it
will show me the exception :"equal symbol expected"
in the jsp page , i use a <logic:iterate to add my option element, and can't
nested a <html:option> in it. just like this.

<logic:iterate name="authors" id="author">
/>"><bean:write name="author" property="author_name" /></html:option>
</logic:iterate>

if i use that code above , it shows me the exception... so i have to abandon
the <html:option> tag, what a pity... :(   i can only use common html syntax
<option>, so my first problem you replied me come out..

and could anyone have a better solution about my case?

or i can change the <login:iterate> to java script as java.util.List to use
a loop to get my select option...in fact, i don't want insert a java script
in my page, all of my page are using taglib, none java script within my jsp
page....

and what about <nested> tag... any other better way?