On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Lawrence Williams wrote:

> Aman,
>
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> However I cant see what you are suggesting here? Can you describe what you are
> meaning? -
>
> btw I don’t use the <application> param because as far as im aware it is deprecated
> in favour of the <message-resources> element.
>
> The crux of my problem is that my index.jsp (Welcome file) cant seem to resolve any
> of my module's <global-forwards>. However if I type a direct url to
> http://host/app/module/logon.do the module works fine.

That's correct.

The container is serving up your "index.jsp" based on the uri from the
web.xml (*.do), so anything under /yourapp (or whatever your context is)
will be used by the container.

Bascially what that means is that "Struts hasn't come into the picture
yet".

Unless you specifically swith to a different module (which requires a GET
or POST to something that goes through the ActionServlet (*.do in your
case), then the default configuration is used.

There is a simple module-switching example that I put together and is
available here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/struts
 - go down to "simple", and look for "Module Switching Examples"

> Regards
> Lawrence

James Mitchell
Software Developer / Struts Evangelist