What exactly are you trying to accomplish? What's the
high level view?

If you can explain your intent, maybe we can suggest an easier
way to accomplish your goal.

Is articleForm associated with action mapping "/list/Message"?
If so, then you could do something like:

This of course, assumes you have already populated creator in
articleForm in some other action using the same form.

The action with mapping "/list/Message", which processes articleForm could
do something like:

MyForm articleForm = (MyForm) form;
String creator = articleForm.getCreator();
request.getSession().setAttribute("creator", creator);
return mapping.findForward("success");

In JSP#2 you could do something like this:
<c:out value="${creator}"/>

robert