Hi, thank you for your attention to my problem.  First
all, I think that I am missing someting.  In order to
use the <c:set ....> and <c:out ... > tags, I think
that I have to import a taglib into my JSP and assign
it with a prefix "c".  Which taglib should I import?
Right now, I have these:

<%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-html" prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-bean" prefix="bean" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-logic" prefix="logic" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/tags/tiles" prefix="tiles" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/tags/request" prefix="req" %>

Second,

<c:set var="cr" value="${articleForm.creator}"
scope="session"/>
<c:out value="${cr}"/>
<%-- The statement below has no problem to write on
the value --%>
<bean:write name="articleForm" property="creator"/>

Third, the mapping to the next JSP is:

    <action
        roles="administrator,editor,contributor"
        path="/list/Message"
        forward=".message.Form"
        name="postForm"
        scope="session"
        validate="false"/>

Fourth, in the postForm.jsp, I try to retrieve the
value of the String that is passed in a session object
and print it out in a text field:

<bean:define id="author" name="cr" scope="session"
type="java.lang.String"/>
size="82" maxlength="25" tabindex="1"/>

Fifth, the error message is that "cr" cannot be found
in the session scope.

-Caroline