From: Joe Germuska [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 10:13 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: URGENT - Help defending Struts

>Our CIO is currently fighting the use of Struts by saying that it is
not
>widely used in B2C sites.  Does anyone know of any sites, preferably
>commerce sites that are using Struts?  This would be extremely helpful.

The CIO of a company as big as Accenture is going to decide whether
Struts should be used or not based on whether or not anyone else is
doing it?

That's pretty weak.  You'd think he'd at least have some trusted
technology advisers that could help him decide based on the merits
instead of just watching the crowds.  Isn't innovation a big buzzword
for consulting companies like that?

My last project, a collaborative commerce project with a major lawn
and garden equipment manufacturer, is built entirely upon Struts, and
is already available for dealer registration; the public should be
able to use the client's site to purchase tractors and accessories
from local dealers in Q1 2004.  My company has also developed a
number of applications in the home appliances industry for direct to
consumer and manufacturer-collaborative appliance sales which were
either built from the ground up with Struts, or are gradually being
ported to Struts.

We also use Struts to run the primary consumer facing sites for
companies in home furniture, office furniture, and personal
healthcare products which don't currently have commerce components.

But hey, if he wants you to write your own web application frameworks
from the ground up, and internally perform all the testing that a
large user community has already done on the Struts codebase and
train all your new employees on the internal way to do it instead of
hiring people who might come in already experienced in a
framework....  well, that's one way to do it.

Joe
--
Joe Germuska
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other use of the
email by you is prohibited.