From: Derek Clarkson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 19 December 2003 12:14
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: what is the defferent betwwen normal struts tag and EL tag
?

Hi,
Don't consider me an expert, but struts-EL is the new version of struts. It
is
designated as a seperate product at the moment because it requires a later
version of the JSP in order to be used. You will find that most people are
using it in preference to just struts.

Practical differences are that a fair chunk of the struts tags have been
removed in struts -EL, thus you cannot just flip libraries, you have to
spend
some time converting the JSP code as well. But having used both, I consider
struts-EL to be easier and more flexible. Plus the new tags from the JSTL
project give it a lot more power. Visually I also find it easy to follow in
JSP page because the tags are more compact.

Just my personal opinion ;-)

Derek.

On Friday 19 December 2003 13:21, Eric Chow wrote:
> Hello,
>
> html or html-el, bean or bean-el, etc ?????
>
> What should be used and what is the defference ???
>

> Eric

Regards,
Derek Clarkson

.O. Analyst/Programmer