From: Jerry Jalenak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 2:28 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [OT] HTML Select box

<[EMAIL PROTECTED] />

Thanks to everyone who responded.  Let me clarify on
this:  If I set my
multiple="true", I can indeed select
multiple options.  The problem is, when I set the size
parameter to
something like 10, I end up with a 10 items displayed
in a rather large box
(I know, this is how it works!).  What I would rather
have (and maybe I
simply can't do it) is to have a single line displayed
with a 'down arrow'
(like what you would get without using the
multiple="true" and with
size="1").  When you clicked on the down arrow, the
box would expand
downward, and the user would then be able to select
multiple options by
holding down the CTRL key.  Submitting the selection
would send all of the
selected options to my Action.

Does this make any more sense?

Jerry Jalenak
Development Manager, Web Publishing
LabOne, Inc.
10101 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS  66219
(913) 577-1496

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

drop-down select.

> Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
>
> >Quoting Brice Ruth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >

> >> From a GUI perspective, how would you select
multiple things in a
> >>drop-down? I can't actually recall ever seeing
this type of widget
> >>anywhere (irrespective of HTML).
> >>

> >In HTML, this is triggered by the "multiple"
attribute on
> the <select> element.
> >If you're using <html:select> tag, must add
multiple="true".

> >In a browser, it's the usual technique for multiple

> selections -- shift-click
> >selects everything between the previous point and
the
> current point, while
> >control-click adds the individual item you're
currently pointing at.

> >>Could you send an example?
> >>

> >Craig

I've seen