On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > Just like everyone else.....
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/aspnet-aspnet-j2ee-struts.asp
> >
> > This was fun to read, it puts a smile on my face. Somone has a chip on
> > their sholder.
>
> Great article, Vic. First time there is some Struts-bashing from Microsoft.

I didn't notice any bashing going on.  I found it to be a pretty good
article pointing out high level differences between developing with Struts
vs. an ASP.NET approach.  From an agnostic approach, it was a pretty good
article.

Funny thing is, the only negative comments (or short-falls) the author
mentioned about taking the J2EE/Struts approach were not really about
Struts per se, but were issues/problems with J2EE development in general.

Reading through this article, I began to feel a lump in my throat as it
slowly dawned on me what this article really represents.  After who knows
how many millions of dollars of R&D and many years of success and failure
on fronts far and wide......and the best that Microsoft can come up with
(or at least in this authors eyes) is a copy-cat of a free product.  I
try to hold a straight face, but inside I am dying with laughter.

--
James Mitchell
Software Developer / Struts Evangelist