Of course!  I just need to forward to the def that corresponds to the
user's settings.  Very simple and elegant.

However, theoretically, what if I had three tiles in a definition, each
of which could get any one of the same 10 different values.  In that
case I'd need to create 1000 definitions in my tile-defs.  Is there a
simple way around that?