beanUtils keeps getting its knickers in a twist when i submit a form with 2 select menus with multiple values. I've had this working before with the same version of struts and commons. Its not the action as the exception is thrown before i get that far, when i remove the menus the form submits fine.

I have form properties of type arrayList. I;d expect this exception if i were to be using unsupported types but I've been setting the values with String and the form properties are also of type string.

I have trouble believing that bean utils has an issue with converting Object to String when the values are copied.

The exception is a typical beanutils chocolate fire guard exception. If i weren't using strings i'd understand but i am.

Any insights welcomed.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.jav a:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessor Impl.java:25)
at org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.setSimpleProperty(PropertyUti ls.java:1789)
at org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.setNestedProperty(PropertyUti ls.java:1684)
at org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.setProperty(PropertyUtils.jav a:1713)
at org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.setProperty(BeanUtils.java:1019)
at org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.populate(BeanUtils.java:808)