I have encountered a problem where the equals method was implemented on an
ActionForm to return true under very loose conditions (ie two similar
objects would be regarded as equal).  This however broke our JSPs which were
then unable to fetch properties from the form bean.  Removal of the equals
method fixed the code again.

Does anyone know why this occurred - I have examined the source code for the
html tags and cannot see any point at which it would rely on the equals
functionality.

Cheers

Ivor

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the
property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only for the person to
whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorised to
read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part
thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete all copies of this message.