I like to avoid putting javascript logic in the JSP tag itself (although
you can usually do it if you get the syntax right).

I usually pull the script out of the tag like this:

<script>
        function deleteEvent()
        {
                if (confirm('Do you want to delete this event?'))
                {
                        location = '/EventDelete.do?e=' +
document.all("eventId").value;
                }

        }
</script>

value="${requestScope.eventForm.eventId}"/>

I know that's a bit different to what you are doing but that is how I
would do it and your javascript is nice and clear (you can even put it in
a separate file).

Heya Gosper
CSC Australia
212 Northbourne Ave, Braddon ACT 2612
Ph: +61 (0) 2 6246 8155  Fax: +61 (0) 2 62468100
MOB: 0401 611779
written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.

        cc:
        Subject:        converting <a href> with variable target into <html:link>

I am converting a pure JSP page into Struts, and am having problem
converting links which calls a javascript and has dynamically specified
target. The particular line is below:

location = 'delete.jsp?e=<%= EventId %>'"
class="eventheaderlink">Delete</a>

My current converted line reads:

location = '/EventDelete.do?e=<bean:write name="EventForm"
property="eventId"/>'" class="eventheaderlink">

but I cannot find an equivalent using <html:link>, problem being I cannot
add the closing single quote back (or more generally stated, I cannot have
"constant"+variable+"constant" in the link). My attempt:

event?')) location = '/EventDelete.do" paramId="e" paramName="EventForm"
paramProperty="eventId" styleClass="eventheaderlink">

is missing the last ' and causes error.

So is there a way to do this in <html:link>?

And is there a need to convert all <a> to <html:link> in the first place?
Because I am also having problem converting

class="eventemaillink"><%=
htmlescape(evcontactemail) %></a>

into <html:link>, since there is no paramId that I can specify, and using
paramId always automatically add a ? to the created link.

Thanks in advance on any pointers,
Ricky Purnomo