Hehe, dont let trolls like me scare you away from asking questions. ;-)
The struts list is actually one of the friendliest and helpful mailing lists
there is.

Actually I think that this question comes up quite a bit on the list. Im not
sure of the answer myself, but a search of the archives will probably turn
up some helpful posts.

The archives can be found at:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/SummarizeList?listId=42

But Ive always found that one a pain to search, so Id suggest trying the
copy at MARC:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=struts-user&r=1&w=2

hmmm.

do you have a <message-resources/> element entry in your struts-config.xml?

Yours resources is in  the package "com.struts.rs.resources"? (and I presume
its in that directory structure under your WEB-INF/classes)

What happens if you set

<message-resources
parameter="com.struts.rs.resources.ApplicationResources"/>

in struts config?

(This goes after the <controller/> element in the struts config, which comes
after the <action-mappings/>)