Hello All,

I am struts newbie - so this might be a config issue, but..

I have an ActionForm and Action for user input, with a html:cancel
button on it.

If the user hits the submit button, things work fine - the form is
validated, populated and passed to my action.

I thought my cancel was working before - it did not do the validation
and the isCancelled returned true, but now it is failing in the
RequestProcessor.populate - its trying to find a bean property related
to the cancel button:

StandardWrapperValve[action]: Servlet.service() for servlet action threw
exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Null property value for 'org'
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Null property value for 'org'
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getNestedProperty(PropertyUti
ls.java:755)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getProperty(PropertyUtils.jav
a:801)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.setProperty(BeanUtils.java:881)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.populate(BeanUtils.java:808)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:1252)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcess
or.java:821)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
254)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
        at
tionFilterChain.j
ava:284)
        at
erChain.java:204)

        at
e.java:256)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:151)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)

I'd have throught that the check for the cancel would happen before the
populate so that it is short circuited?

Or should I be using prefixes/suffixes to get round this?

Does this sound correct?

Thanks for any tips,
Chris

This email (including any attachments to it) is confidential, legally privileged,
subject to copyright and is sent for the personal attention of the intended recipient
only. If you have received this email in error, please advise us immediately and
delete it. You are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any
action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
Although we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this
email, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the viruses
in this email or attachments. We exclude any liability for the content of this email,
or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided
in this email or its attachments, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in
writing. If this email contains an offer, that should be considered as an invitation
to treat.