Matthias,

Thanks very much for responding! It seems there's a misunderstanding on my side. I guess I'll have to rethink it. From what you say, there isn't any reason to include a <data-sources> element in struts-config since the persistence layer should be invisible to Struts. Am I understanding you correctly?