From: Jim Anderson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 7:29 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: REPOST: newbie datasource config problems

Matthias,

Thanks very much for responding! It seems there's a misunderstanding on
my side. I guess I'll have to rethink it. From what you say, there
isn't any reason to include a <data-sources> element in struts-config
since the persistence layer should be invisible to Struts. Am I
understanding you correctly?

On Jan 28, 2004, at 12:26 PM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

> hi jim!
>
> did you add struts-legacy.jar in WEB-INF/lib ?
>
> but in 1.2 its not more supported (GenericDataSource)
>
> look here: http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/faqs/database.html
> (The Struts DataSource Manager)
>
> then you need pool.jar and
> dbcp.jar