when: 2004
where: sydney
citizenship: australian

the problem though is that most people here thesedays want some level of
experience before they are willing to hire you, the trend is a lot towards
contract/temp jobs.
the problem ofcourse is where to get that elusive experience, and uni project
experience doesn't count for anything.
so you have this cycle where you are looking to get some experience and most
companies want only experienced personnel.
and when it comes to tax i believe australia has one of the world's highest tax
rate, and sydney is way too pricey.

but what i would like to know is whats the scenario outside, like int he
states, singapore, UK etc. is there a good demand for qualified but
inexperienced IT graduates. would a move abroad be good?

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> Jiin-Her hits the nail on the head
>  I certainly wouldn't want to make 50K while living in Boston or New York
> City...
> Here's the cost of living for Herndon VA
> http://realestate.yahoo.com/re/neighborhood/search.html?sa=&c=Herndon&s=VA&z=
>
> Cost of living (taxes, expenses, insurance, etc...) can change from town
> to town even. As the add says you need to move to Herndon VA to live on
> that 50K. ;)
>
> -R^3
>
> On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Jiin-Her Lu wrote:
>
> > Depends on when, where, and what is your citizenship. It can be up to $
> 85000+  in US.
> >
> > Jiin-Her Lu
> > (816) 926-2145

ajay