> I think it's right only in simple cases
> If your "prepare" means:
> - Putting in the request a collection for a select (for example)
> - Initializing the form with data from DB or any other source
> You are doing 2 things completely different (logically)
> in the same action and that's why you need a workaround
> with hidden fields or hard coded path or....
>
> The cleanest solution is to separate this "prepare" action in
> 2 actions. Too much?

Ok. So an action prepares the collection for the select.
The other one initializes the form with data from DB.

To which one should I set the input property of the "save" action?
If I set it to the second one (which initializes the form) I will
have the same problem... should this action retrieve data from the db
or simply leave it as is because it contains invalid data entered by
the user?

I think having 2 actions doesn't help here...