Hi Paul,

I'm sorry, I must have overlooked your reply. I'll give your suggestion a try, but unfortunately it will take a few weeks until I can say if it works or not :-)

I just wonder what will happen with other locales than "en", "de" and "sv", they will still get the default locale and probably get mixed with another locale as well.

I never understood that it was always only the "de" locale that was "polluting" the default one. It always starts with only one of the pages , and over time it becomes more and more until the whole site is in German eventhough the browser "sends" another locale than "de".

Anyway, I have decided to ask my provider to switch from Tomcat 4 to 5, and then I want to use JSTL as it has been suggested in this mailinglist. Maybe it's a Tomcat bug, could that be? It's version 4.1.10 I think.

Best Regards
Torsten

Paul McCulloch wrote:
I think I found the same problem some time ago.

I can't remember what the underlying issue was (maybe mixing the struts &
jstl ii18n tags?), but the solution was to create an explicit bundle for the
default locale - I have my build scripts copy Application.properties to
Application_en.properties.

hth,

Paul