At 8:55 AM +1100 3/15/04, Kunal H. Parikh wrote:
Hi All!

I am attempting to use Struts Validator.

All works well, but I am only using the "required" validation in my code.

However, the JavaScript that gets generated, include other functions like
checkEmail, minLength, etc. etc.

Is this expected behaviour?

This is what happens when the "formName" you specify in the html:javascript tag is not found by the validator.

Since Struts 1.2.0 (and a little before in the nightlies, of course), this condition causes a JSPException to be thrown instead.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining."
-- Jef Raskin