On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 08:03:10 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Frank is correct; we're doing it the same way, with nearly 20
> struts config files (and tiles def files) to help organize things.
>
> Try it without the space between the comma and the next entry, e.g.:
>
> <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml,/WEB-INF/struts-
> config1.xml</param-value>

I've started to use more and config files too. On one team, we started to call it
"config-behind-story".

The idea is that most use-cases (or stories) correspond to a discrete set of
ActionForms and ActionMappings. It can be much easier to understand how these elements
work together when the are in a file of their own. We give each story a symbolic name
(like "InsertPermit") and then try to keep using this symbol throughout, as kind of a
metaphor. Of course, there are shared configuration files too. But separating the
shared from the "single-use" also helps to clarify intent.

Meanwhile, whether whitespace makes a difference might depend on the parser. I've put
them on a separate line with no problem using Tomcat 4.x and 1.4. Just be sure there's
a comma after each one save the last.

-Ted.

----
Developing Web Applications Using Open Source Tools
Saturday, 3 Apr 2004, New York City
http://basebeans.com/do/website