> Actually this is a pattern mentioned in "EJB Design Patterns - Advanced
> Patterns Processes and Idioms" called Data Transfer HashMap. You can
> download the pdf from TheServerSide.com. It's a pretty good read. The
> book goes into detail on the pros and cons of this pattern.

  Well... it wasn't my intention to implement a software pattern :) (I am
kidding :) form-beans does the same job - I think - but mixes form input
data with form build data - again, feel free to criticize, afterall I am
still new with Struts).

  We already discussed this... but here goes for the rest of the mailing
list:

  - It surely saved me some time
  (I dont have to define on one XML file the beans I need and after that
execute something to automatically generate the java beans - you have to
be more carefull though, since you may only encounter some bugs on
runtime... unless you use strutstestcase/junit)

  - made a great work decoupling the presentation from business logic
(just like with form-beans)

  - I dont get confused about what is the user input data and what is the
data to help build the user form

  - it also had another side effect: much less lines for xml configuration
file... but more files per application (I can live with this :) )

  - it seems easier to reuse "view-beans"/"form-beans" when they are
decoupled... but i will need more time/experience to support this

  Thank you for the document. I will read it very carefully and see if
there is another challenge waiting outside this framework.

Pedro Salgado