On Wed, 2014-04-16 at 22:57 -0300, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> Dirk,
>

> Read this patch carefully, if I got anything wrong here I can crash
> the app, or worse, make your cat pregnant.

He's a neutered boy cat. So I'm not overly worried.

> This is an important patch regarding to the 'unittest' feature: it
> starts to decouple the app from the tangled web that it is today.

I agree that this is important work. I have two concerns:

a) a couple of weeks before we release 4.1 is maybe not the best time to
do this

b) I really would prefer if this was broken down into smaller logical
units. For every (set of) helper function(s) that you move from one
place to another, make that one commit. For every class that you modify,
make that one commit. This way they are much easier to read and verify.
Yes, I realize that some of the changes are more invasive (when you add
signals to do things that previously were done with function calls,
etc), but again, if we have one commit that does JUST THAT it's still
much much easier to review.

As it stands (and given that I really, really, really want to get 4.1
out) I don't think I'll take the patch.

/D