On 08/09/2015 21:26, Salvador Cuñat wrote:
Good evening.

    On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 01:06:57PM +0200, Willem Ferguson wrote:

    > 2) DIRK, please look through the patch file carefully to see
    what makes
    > sense. I did not change the Spanish translation at all. I am
    very scared
    > of data corruption. If you would like me to do anything with this,
    > please issue an instruction and I will oblige.

Please, Willem, feel free to change wathever you think is convnient in the spanish manual. I review it periodically, so if anything goes wrong we can fix it fast enough.
No, the commit somehow touched the Spanish translation. I did not change the Spanish. Wish I understood Spanish.

    It would be nice to then go in and change the references to those
    pictures
    in the translations, but I'd say that's optional - as long as you
    mention
    this in the commit message I'm sure the translators will be happy
    to track
    this.

This should be unnecesary. As far as I could see there are two different situations with the pictures, sometimes Willem changes the picture keeping the same file name, so no need to change the reference here; other times the file name changes and the reference needs to be updated. No problem with this second situation, I update the translation in a git diff base, so I *usually* catch Willem's changes and update them on the fly, and probably the other translators work in a similar way. Most failures in pictures in user-manual_es that I've seen has been due to typos on my side or new lines breaking references.
What I do is to standardise on a fixed name but with a name end that reflects the OS on which the image was taken. Taking into account that we have standardised on Fedora/plasma, I think it is really unnecessary to have a file ending of _f22 since it actually does not have useful information with respect to Subsurface. Salva, do you have any suggestions about making it easier for you? I think the easiest is just not to change the file names.

Kind regards,
willem

Regards.

Salva.